Search This Blog

Saturday, July 30, 2011

A Little Activity and Some Tasty Lip Balm

Yesterday I finally got around to de-potting my MAC eye shadows. What is depotting? It's pretty much what it sounds like. You take the metal pan that holds the actual product out of the plastic black packaging and put it into a palette. While there are many reasons to depot, I really did it for a) space conservation and b) because I LOVE the MAC recycling program (back to MAC) and knew I would probably never finish these shadows to return the containers otherwise.

You can buy palettes from MAC pro-stores but I had heard a couple of bad things about the quality of the 4 pan palette so when I saw this Annabelle brand palette at the drugstore for 3$, I had to take the risk and try it.


Sorry about the fingerprints! ><

A more accurate picture of the colours. I put in "Cloud" by Annabelle, "Nocturnelle" by MAC, "Sating Taupe" by Mac and "Handwritten" by MAC


I followed Miss Natty's tutorial.

Overall I'm happy with the result because I like having these colours in the same place and now I have enough empties to get a free lipstick (!). I don't think I would have done this if I was someone who carried my eye shadows around though, because as much as there are magnets holding the pans in, give them a good jostle and they'll come loose.

On a side note, I also got a tasty lip balm.


I saw Hard Candy's tinted lip balms at Wal-Mart and couldn't resist. The packaging for the product is truly dreadful but I am pleased with what's inside. The lipbalm has a nice smell (maybe vanilla or coco butter-ish?) and taste (vanilla) and actually does feel really moisturizing and nice. It is just barely tinted but I do like the colour it gives and for under 3$, you can't really go wrong!

Happy weekend muffins!

No comments:

Post a Comment