Search This Blog

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Pucker

I've been wanting to do an every day lipstick post for a long time now because I feel like a lot of people think that lipstick is not casual or "too much" for normal life, which really isn't true! I think I've complained before about how hard it is to take true-to-life makeup pictures so after trying many times, I kind of went a different route.

So I've got 4 lipsticks and 2 glosses here, all of which can pretty much be mixed and matched.
Creme D'Nude (17.50$) by MAC is an amazing nude lipstick. The cremesheen formula (probably the most moisturizing of their regular lipsticks) is very comfortable to wear and I think this is a very flattering nude for people with light to medium-light skintones. It's one of those lipsticks that everyone talks about.
Airy fairy by Rimmel (~6$) is a slightly pinky beige colour with gold flecks. If you think nude is too light or washed out for you, this is a great alternative. This is a "my lips but better" colour for me.
Darling by Covergirl (~9$) is pinker than Airy Fairy and more cold-toned I would say. A nice way to wear pink day to day without looking too shocking.
Impressive by MAC (17.50$) is a sheen supreme lipstick. On me it's like a darkened nude basically, with warm undertones. This is the only one that I don't layer up with lip gloss because it's so glossy already.
Greek Holiday is a NARS lipgloss, which are insanely expensive. Like I've said before, I don't really believe in expensive lip glosses. I think you can find nice formulas at drug stores. This is a nice colour though. It's kind of a gold-toned nude. I'll wear this over Creme d'Nude for a full-on nude lip or over one of the pinker lipsticks to tone them down. (p.s. Revlon's colorburst lipgloss in gold dust looks almost the same to me)
Glass Confusion (I still can't figure out why the hell they would call it that) is a Wet n' Wild lipgloss. They're like 3$ and I actually really love the texture of these. I'll wear this over Creme d'Nude to warm it up or over the pink lipsticks.

See? these don't turn out so well. But still, this is Creme d'Nude with Glass Confusion on top.

Airy Fairy with Glass Confusion on top.
Don't be scared of lipstick! It's fun and really polishes off your look in an un-obvious way. People will be like "wow, that girl looks like she has her shit together, but I can't quite put my finger on what it is". 

No comments:

Post a Comment