Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

GWAK

Hello love muffins! I'm trying desperately to adjust to this crazy new life schedule (i.e. the same schedule that all normal people have). So far my new job is fun and different every day so I certainly can't complain!
Ok now onto what you kitties really care about: the blog post. I'm changing it up a little bit here with a recipe.


Introducing: The most epic guacamole recipe.
I have to preface this by saying that I can't stand bland, texture-less guacamole. This version packs an incredible flavor PUNCH and has a great texture with it's tomatoes and onions.

This recipe is from the Holy Grail family cookbook: The New York Times cookbook, 1990 edition. My dad's copy (even older than mine) is reduced to torn and stained, tattered pages.
It reads as follows:

2 large ripe avocados
Juice of 1 lime
1 tsp finely chopped fresh jalapeno chili
1 medium onion, finely chopped
1 garlic clove, minced
1 small tomato, seeded and finely chopped
Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
1/4 cup fresh chopped coriander

Just peel and mash the avocados, add the lime juice (right away, to keep from browning), and then all your other ingredients! Mix it up and you have yourself a fresh and tasty appeteaser (see what I did there?) or snack!

No comments:

Post a Comment